Pre & Post Sugar Wax Advice
Read all the essential information below for the correct preperation before and after a sugar wax treatment at Sugar is Sweet.
Pre and Post Advice
Before sugaring appointment
- The hair needs to be at least 1cm long to ensure effective removal of the hair and to optimum results, if you are unsure about if it’s long enough the please call me.
- Do not use any bath oils, gels, moisturiser on the areas to be treated for 12 hours prior to your Sugaring appointment. That includes deodorants, other than the Zahra sugar safe deodorant(if you are having your underarm done).
- If it has been over two months since your last hair removal appt, please can you trim the hair so that it’s not to long. Again if you are concerned about cutting the hair too short, please call me to discuss.
- Do not make an appointment for s sugaring on any sunburnt areas of the body until the skin is completely healed.
- It’s advisable not to make an appointment in the 2 to 3 days prior to menstruation as your body may feel particularly sensitive.
After your Sugaring Appointment
- Do not apply perfumed products, including deodorants and antiperspirants to the area within the 48 hours after your appointment, unless using the specially formulated Zahra deodorant.
- Do not expose newly treated areas to direct heat, sun light, infra-red or ultra violet light in the 24 hours after your treatment. This will help avoid skin irritation or itching.
- Do not go swimming or take vigorous exercise for the first 24 hours after treatment.
- Do not be tempted to use a razor or depilatory cream between appointments.